Bearsmart at Home
Thanks to Bow Valley Wildsmart for this information
- Avoid planting shrubs and trees that provide bear food or even consider their removal (i.e. berries and other fruit bearing vegetation). For more information on types of berries or other fruit, bushes, shrubs and flowers click here.
- Keep your lawn mowed and yard weed-free; especially of dandelions.
- Do not use bird feeders of any kind during bear season (April 1 to October 31); use bird baths as a safe option.
- Remember to clean the ground underneath bird feeders.
- Do not feed your pets outside; store pet food indoors.
- BBQ’s should be kept clean and drip pans taken inside.